At First Choice Legal Services our traffic and DUI lawyers fight on behalf of people charged with traffic offences under the Road Safety Act, Transport Act and other driving and traffic laws.
Whether you’ve been caught drink driving, driving on a suspended or disqualified licence, or been charged with careless or dangerous driving we can help. If you need a work licence or hardship licence our expert driving lawyers will help give you the best chance. We can advise you in regard to charges such as:
Traffic offences can range from driving over the speed limit to Dangerous Driving and Driving without due care and attention. These can have a significant impact on your work and personal life, as most people cannot afford to be without their licence for any period of time. Some traffic offences are punishable by a fine, and others may attract a term of imprisonment. This is why we recommend you retain the services of a Solicitor to represent you at every stage of the process.
Whether you have received a ticket for speeding or have driven under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs, we have extensive experience in appearing in Court, negotiating with Police and Prosecutors, making applications for Work Licences and Special Hardship Orders and ensuring you receive the best outcome for your traffic matter.
Retaining your licence is paramount in situations where you may face a period of disqualification, and for some being without your licence means being without work or having to make alternative arrangements for family members. Being up to date with the most recent traffic laws means that we are always in the best position to fight for you, and advocate for you to keep your licence or to receive the minimum disqualification period.
Traffic law can be far more complex than what it seems, and paying a ticket may have more significant consequences than what you would expect. A conviction for some traffic offences means more than just being without your licence. Call our office for a free first consultation to find out what can be done to help you keep your licence.
– Drink Driving Offences (DUI): Novice range drink driving offences, Special range drink driving offences, Low range PCA, Mid range PCA, High range PCA, drink driving penalties.
– Careless Driving
– Hoon offences
– Dangerous driving: dangerous driving occasioning death, dangerous driving occasioning serious bodily harm, aggravated dangerous driving occasioning serious bodily harm
– Drug driving reckless driving
We often deal with charges such as:
– Drink Driving
– Work licence applications
– Dangerous Driving
– Driving without due care and attention
– Dangerous driving causing death or Grievous Bodily Harm
– Driving whilst suspended by SPER
– Driving whilst demerit point suspended
– Driving whilst unregistered and uninsured
– Loss of demerit points
– Special Hardship Orders
– Unlicenced driving
– Camera Offences
– Driving with drug in blood or saliva